This is a laser module that enables the user to engrave wood, acrylic, paper, and many more substances. It can also cut wood and acrylic, depending on the wattage.
An advantage of laser modules is that no firmware upgrade is necessary to run most of them. Typically, they can just clip magnetically to the tool head(attached with magnets). They run from the fan port on the machine and are usually quick to assemble.
This laser module has three strong disc magnets. Therefore, it is suitable for 3D printers that have iron nozzle cover, which includes but not limited to Ender 3, Ender 3 Pro, Ender 5, Ender 5 Pro, etc.
Creality’s laser kit is only for engraving due to its 500-mW laser.
- Wavelength: 445 nm (blue)
- Power: 500 mW
- Voltage: 12 V (DC)
- Working current: 2,100 mA
- A Laser is capable of damaging your eyesight, skin, and other people.
- Please read and follow this guidebook carefully before using the laser kit.
- The eye protection is needed when you work with the laser kit.
- The magnets on the laser head are very strong but brittle.
- Laser engraving/cutting can cause smoke, depending on the workpiece, it is necessary to place your machine in a well-ventilated environment.