RS PRO 40 Way Unscreened Flat Ribbon Cable, 50.8 mm Width, 5 m
Looking for a neat way to connect data transmission devices? This 40-way flat ribbon cable from the RS PRO range is commonly used with computers and audio and digital equipment. It provides a simple solution to mass termination.
This unscreened cable is 50.8 mm wide and is available in lengths of five metres. One edge has a red marker to indicate the first conductor, so you can split the ribbon any number of ways by tearing between conductors. Each 0.13 mm² (AWG 36) conductor comprises seven strands. They operate down to -20˚C and up to +105˚C and have a voltage rating of 300 V.
Conforming to the UL 2651 standard, this cable is suitable for use with all insulation displacement connectors (IDC). It also meets ANSI/ESD S20.20:2014 and BS EN 61340-5-1:2007 so it won't damage equipment through electrostatic discharge. What's more, it's RoHS compliant, meaning it contains minimal hazardous substances.
Features and Benefits
• 40-way unscreened flat ribbon cable
• Used for mass termination in computer, audio and digital equipment
• Length of 5 m
• Width of 50.8 mm
• Pitch of 1.27 mm
• Seven-stranded conductors with a cross-sectional area of 0.13 mm² (AWG36)
• Voltage rating of 300 V
• Characteristic impedance of 105 Ω is suitable for data transmission
• Capacitance of 49.2 pF/m
• Minimum operating temperature of -20°C without cracking
• Maximum operating temperature of +105°C without melting
• Grey sheath with red marker to indicate first conductor
• Conforms to standards UL 2651 (ribbon cable for use with IDCs), ANSI/ESD S20.20:2014 and BS EN 61340-5-1:2007 (electrostatic discharge) and RoHS (hazardous substances)
RS PRO is our own brand range and brings you a wide range of high-quality, great value products offering you more choice. Trusted by engineers all over the world, every part of every RS PRO product has been rigorously tested against demanding industry standards
they’re only given the RS PRO Seal of Approval if we’re confident of their exceptional quality, which means you can be confident too.
|Ribbon Cable Type||Flat|
|Number of Ways||40|
|American Wire Gauge||28 AWG|
|Number of Strands||7|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||+105°C|
|Minimum Operating Temperature||-20°C|
|Voltage Rating||300 V|
|Conductor Strand Type||Stranded|
|Size of Strands||0.13 mm|
|Core Strands||7/0.13 mm|
|Operating Temperature Range||-20 → +105 °C|
|Characteristic Impedance||105 Ω|